Part-time DevOps Engineer
Part-time DevOps Engineer
Network & System Administration
Seabeck Systems empowers individuals to plan bravely their ideas and provides them with the technology tools to fulfill them. Seabeck Systems and Sofia Dev Studio are partnering to help business decision makers cultivate skills, build teams, develop software and business processes ,and improve planning and measurement.
We are a small, yet constantly growing, diverse team from all over the world. We are curious, self-driven and willing to enrich our knowledge in both professional and personal lives. You will be working with team members who are dedicated to quality and value creation and are always ready to help and support each other.
Currently we are looking for a part-time DevOps Engineer to join our team starting right away. We see this role as crucial for the success of our team, thus we want this person to be involved in the establishment of our internal development systems and processes from early on. The role and responsibilities of the DevOps will grow together with the team. Our ideal candidate is a power user with great technical and communication skills who enjoys keeping infrastructure secure, stable, cost efficient, and scalable.
1) EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION – Comfortable working with many members of our Program and Development teams from around the world. Must speak, read, and write fluent English. Strong composition skills a must.
2) HIGH ATTENTION TO DETAIL – Responsible for managing flawless setup, deployment, configuration and updates of internal systems and technologies.
3) INDEPENDENT SELF-STARTER AND CALENDAR MASTER – Must be capable of high productivity working remote. 5-7 years of experience managing IT infrastructure. Excellent organization and time management skills required.
4) POWER USER – Strong Azure services administration experience required. Must be proficient at connecting to and administering Windows VMs via RDP, installing software, changing system and application configuration files and settings, and figuring out how to make new things work.
*BONUS SKILLS* – Video production, multilingual, nonprofit / philanthropic organizations.
INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT – Setup and manage IAAS (Virtual Machines) and PAAS components for each competition website, including IIS Websites and SQL Server 2016 databases for dev, qa, and production instances. Set up and manage technology (new accounts, new servers, new software) and maintain the technology with patches, updates, automation of manual repetitive tasks etc.
BUILD AND DEPLOY MANAGEMENT – Design and implement modern build, deployment, and configuration management processes that increase accuracy and eliminate manual deployment processes. Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning. Manage Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools with team.
INFRASTRUCTURE SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT – Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development, operations, and IT security. Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve development delivery. Document DevOps processes and work instructions in the wiki.
REPORTING AND ANALYSIS – Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve.
QA – Participate in the Security, Functional, and Scalability testing process. Use JIRA to log bugs, track progress, and verify resolution after deployment by the development team. Consult with peers for feedback during testing stages.
Our small team thrives on autonomy and creativity.
- 5-7 of professional experience working on a similar position
Sound fun? Contact us today and tell us about your background. Please apply by sending us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your consideration!
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working hours (10-40h per month)
- Work from anywhere
- Working on challenging projects
- Be part of a motivated team with knowledge-sharing culture
- Find opportunities to improve and acquire skills