Part-time SQL Server Database Engineer
PART-TIME SQL SERVER DATABASE ENGINEER
Seabeck Systems empowers individuals to plan bravely their ideas and provides them with the technology tools to fulfill them. Seabeck Systems and Sofia Dev Studio are partnering to help business decision makers cultivate skills, build teams, develop software and business processes, and improve planning and measurement.
We are a small, yet constantly growing, diverse team from all over the world. We are curious, self-driven and willing to enrich our knowledge in both professional and personal lives. You will be working with team members who are dedicated to quality and value creation and are always ready to help and support each other.
Currently we are looking for a part-time SQL Server Database Engineer to join our team. In this role you will be a database design expert providing hands-on operational database services, including design, development, implementation, and 3rd level support. In your role as Database Engineer and resident data expert, you will serve as a communicator and mentor for both business and technical groups in terms of how data is classified, where it is located, and how to turn data into information. You love data.
STRONG DATABASE SUPPORT AND MAINTENANCE KNOWLEDGE – You have hands-on experience with all aspects of daily database support and maintenance: reviewing service reports (e.g. database backups, maintenance, monitoring), ensuring service-related issues are identified and resolved within SLAs, and responding to database related alerts and escalations. You can also apply this hands-on experience to the design thinking you apply to every new database project. You practice good development hygiene by using dev/test environments to build and validate solutions before you plan their deployment to production.
EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION – ability to articulate problems so everyone can understand the issue. Comfortable sharing knowledge and collaborating directly with multiple individuals to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems. Must speak, read, and write fluent English. Strong composition and documentation skills a must. Multilingual encouraged.
TEAM PLAYER with a bias for action – You are open to sharing knowledge and like to hash out solutions through team discussion and brainstorming. You prefer to work in a team and stimulate the collaborative environment.
INDEPENDENT SELF-STARTER – You have a service-oriented mentality and a high sense of ownership for systems and solutions. You have experience working independently to manage databases and data environments. Experience managing projects concurrently. Must be capable of high productivity working remote. Excellent organization and time management skills required.
PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS – Strong problem investigation and resolution skills are a must.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a SQL Server database developer
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Minimum 3 years of experience implementing automation (Powershell, RPA, bash, etc)
- Demonstrable knowledge of data modeling concepts and best practices
- Knowledge of index strategies and index management
- Experience within the last 12 months using Visual Studio database projects for database development and deployment
- Experience developing, deploying, and maintaining all components for the SQL Server stack: database engine, reporting services (SSRS), integration services (SSIS), analysis services (SSAS), and master data services (MDS) applications
- Experience with implementing Azure devops build and release pipelines
- Have experience in large-scale enterprise database environments:
- Environments with more than 50 SQL Servers
- Environments with individual databases larger than 1TB
- Data Lover and Steward
- Design and implement database objects (tables, views, stored procedures, functions, etc)
- Resident data expert
- Technical communicator
- Hands-on daily design, development, implementation, and support
- Create and Maintain ERD diagrams for existing and future database projects
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Analyze database performance and implement performance tuning improvements
- 3rd level production support (no on-call responsibilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related, or equivalent experience
- Involvement with MS SQL Server Community, PASS member, active in forums / newsgroups
- Certifications: Microsoft
- Experience as a Production SQL Server DBA
Our small team thrives on autonomy and creativity.
Sound fun? Contact us today and tell us about your background. Please apply by sending us your CV at email@example.com. If available, please include links to your blog or published articles.
Thank you for your consideration!
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working hours (10h per week)
- Work from anywhere
- Working on challenging projects
- Be part of a motivated team with knowledge-sharing culture
- Find opportunities to improve and acquire skills
- Virtual Team Happy Hour