Part-time QA Analyst
PART-TIME QA ANALYST
Seabeck Systems empowers individuals to plan bravely their ideas and provides them with the technology tools to fulfill them. Seabeck Systems and Sofia Dev Studio are partnering to help business decision makers cultivate skills, build teams, develop software and business processes, and improve planning and measurement.
We are a small, yet constantly growing, diverse team from all over the world. We are curious, self-driven and willing to enrich our knowledge in both professional and personal lives. You will be working with team members who are dedicated to quality and value creation and are always ready to help and support each other.
Currently we are looking for a part-time QA Analyst to join our team. In this role you will support the ongoing testing and improvement of our client and internal software projects. Our ideal candidate possesses both strong test automation skills and has a ruthless eye for detail.
- HIGH ATTENTION TO DETAIL – Must be curious, inquisitive, and precise with excellent follow through. Responsible for thoroughly seeking, capturing, and communicating bugs or errors in websites and software, using precise language.
- BROAD TESTING / QA SKILL SET – Jira / issue tracking tools experience required. Selenium and Cucumber experience preferred. Must be comfortable with multiple testing approaches for websites and SaaS, including test automation, load testing, manual testing. Front end and back end testing.
- EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION – Must speak, read, and write fluent English. Strong and well-organized composition and documentation skills a must. Multilingual encouraged.
- INDEPENDENT SELF-STARTER AND CALENDAR MASTER – Must be capable of high productivity working remote. 1-2 years of experience managing 3+ projects concurrently. Excellent organization and time management skills required.
- ADVOCATE FOR END USERS – Capable of understanding and testing for a quality user experience across multiple operating systems and browsers. Generate relevant ideas for process and product improvements for the backlog.
- POWER USER – Experienced with reading charts and graphs, desktop publishing, and reporting. E.g. Word, Excel, Power BI, Tableau, etc. Strong analytic and problem-solving skills required. Automation minded.
Website and software development
Task management / bug tracking tools (Jira, Azure Devops, etc.)
Working with teams larger than three people
Collaboration tools for remote work (Slack, Confluence, Zoom, OneDrive, O365, etc.)
Experience with security testing
Experience testing database and data warehouse structures
Experience writing complex SQL joins
Experience performing intersection and exception analysis of large data sets
Experience using data generation and comparison tools
Nonprofit / philanthropic organizations
TEST WEBSITES AND SOFTWARE to ensure 100% content accuracy and functionality. Ensure product quality throughout repeated cycles of build-test-deploy on tight timelines. Create test plans, test scenarios, test scripts, and test cases.
USE JIRA TO CAPTURE BUGS AND ERRORS – Must be diligent in using issue tracking software to consistently document all aspects of an error, including environment, steps to recreate, result/error, and proposed solution, with attached screenshots and/or recordings that provide full context of an issue. Use Jira to consistently track progress and verify resolution after deployment by the development team.
INITIATE AND FACILITATE CONVERSATIONS (VIRTUAL MEETINGS) with business and technical teams to understand requirements and articulate issues and solutions. Knows how to ask questions and hold the conversation to get information about user requirements (business and software requirements).
ANALYZE AND SEEK INTERCONNECTIONS between software processes and user needs: you know it is your job to understand how the software / system you are testing relates to people and their jobs in the real world. Responsible for threading relationships between technical processes and business processes, collecting new perspectives to refine understanding, identifying the holes in what we know and then drilling in deeper, and communicating findings in meaningful ways to both technical and non-technical groups.
- At least 2+ years of experience testing software, websites, web apps, SaaS, etc. on multiple devices, operating systems, and browsers.
Our small team thrives on autonomy and creativity.
Sound fun? Contact us today and tell us about your background. Please apply by sending us your CV at email@example.com. Thank you for your consideration!
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working hours (10h per week)
- Work from anywhere
- Working on challenging projects
- Be part of a motivated team with knowledge-sharing culture
- Find opportunities to improve and acquire skills
- Virtual Team Happy Hour