Part-time Project Manager
PART-TIME PROJECT MANAGER
Seabeck Systems empowers individuals to plan bravely their ideas and provides them with the technology tools to fulfill them. Seabeck Systems and Sofia Dev Studio are partnering to help business decision makers cultivate skills, build teams, develop software and business processes, and improve planning and measurement.
We are a small firm with a growing diverse team from all over the world. We are curious, self-driven and willing to enrich our knowledge in both professional and personal lives. You will be working with team members who are dedicated to quality and value creation and are always ready to help and support each other.
Currently we are looking for a part-time Project Manager to join our team and help us grow our business and contribute to our team culture with his/her own individual perspective.
The Project Manager has overall responsibility for defining and managing the scope, schedule, resources and processes to deliver client projects and support internal business, marketing, and product development efforts.
- Facilitate the definition of one or more Company Programs and its constituent projects
- Facilitate the definition of the scope, goals and deliverables for each project
- Develop clear and thorough project roadmap, detailing key tasks, deadlines and major milestones and then communicate it to the project team on an ongoing basis
- Devise, document, champion, and evolve a scrum-based framework customized to our needs.
- Facilitate projects by action as our Scrum Master —prepare the backlog, plan sprint activities, write and prioritize stories, clarify requirements with the team members, monitor burndown values, drive retrospectives, and continuous improvement.
- Create the needed documentation for each project, set and track project activities in Jira.
- Host and facilitate conversations (Virtual meetings) with internal staff, partners, customers, end users. Ask questions and nurture constructive conversation to get valuable information that can be transformed into actionable tasks for each project.
- Responsible for threading relationships between processes, collecting new perspectives to refine understanding, identifying the holes in what we know and then communicating findings in meaningful ways to both technical and non-technical groups.
- Show leadership and provide direction and support to team members to ensure projects are delivered with high quality, within scope, and on schedule.
- Take full ownership in leading internal meetings (stand up, status, burn down, retrospective, etc.). Take initiative to proactively identify potential risks and solve issues before they become a problem as it relates to project execution and team spirit
- Conduct research to satisfy specific market or product questions related to assigned projects
- Evaluate the process and results after each project and extract possible improvements
- Participate in the Organization and Operation of the Company Project Management Office
STRONG LEADERSHIP—Must be willing to generate ideas, take ownership of projects and act to move them forward. Must be self-motivated, independent thinker capable of absorbing and interpreting large amounts of information from many different people and sources, and facilitating discussions that advance strategies and new ideas.
EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION –Must be comfortable and confident working with business and technical teams from around the world to coordinate multiple concurrent projects. Must be comfortable working with people from all levels of business. Diplomacy, positive attitude and strong composition skills are a must. Must speak, read, and write fluent English. Multilingual encouraged.
INDEPENDENT SELF-STARTER – Must be a creative contributor to idea generation and proactive problem solver who enjoys working hard. Must be deadline driven and capable of high productivity working remote. 3-7 years of experience managing several projects concurrently. Excellent organization and time management skills required.
INTERDISCIPLINARY FACILITATOR – Identifies connections, patterns, and conflicts among ideas to advance discussion. Capable of guiding conversations through questions, documenting requirements in meaningful formats for technical and business audiences, and translating written ideas into visual media (e.g. sketches, conceptual drawings, models, flows) to improve and accelerate dialog. You are comfortable with questioning and challenging assumptions including your own to push for better end results.
PROCESS-ORIENTED – Capable of understanding, improving, and enforcing process and efficient workflows among business and technical groups, and establishing reasonable workloads while communicating expectations for deadlines. Familiarity with supporting the software development lifecycle.
ADVOCATE FOR TEAM MEMBERS – As a member of a global team, your curiosity, desire to learn and your positive, collaboration-minded attitude are essential for this role. You must be capable of communicating clearly business and technical requirements and available team capacity. Must mitigate overload among team members by moderating the flow of work, while also ensuring the technical team performs at maximum efficiency to achieve objectives set by executive leadership.
POWER USER – Atlassian Jira and Confluence (or similar issue tracking and wiki tools). Confident with reading charts and graphs, desktop publishing, and reporting. E.g. Word, Excel, Visio, Power BI, Tableau, etc. Able to support Functional and Design QA using Jira (define needs, log bugs, verify after deployment).
*BONUS SKILLS* – Jira JQL (automation), JIRA Administration, website and software development, customer support, design thinking, multilingual, nonprofit / philanthropic organizations, previous marketing experience, previous fintech experience.
- Bias for action
- Experience leading Company-wide Programs and Initiatives, each comprised of multiple sub-projects
- Experience working hands-on with software and product development teams every day
- Certification in one or more Project Management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc)
- Author of topical blogs, articles, and white papers related to program, project, and product management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Computer Science or related
Does this sound like you? Contact us today and tell us about your background. Apply by sending us your Resume and a short Motivation Letter at email@example.com. Thank you for your consideration!
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working hours (10-40h per month)
- Work from anywhere
- Working on challenging projects
- Be part of a motivated team with knowledge-sharing culture
- Find opportunities to improve and acquire skills
- Virtual Team Happy Hour