Part-time ETL & Data Engineer
PART-TIME ETL & DATA ENGINEER
Seabeck Systems empowers individuals to plan bravely their ideas and provides them with the technology tools to fulfill them. Seabeck Systems and Sofia Dev Studio are partnering to help business decision makers cultivate skills, build teams, develop software and business processes, and improve planning and measurement.
We are a small, yet constantly growing, diverse team from all over the world. We are curious, self-driven and willing to enrich our knowledge in both professional and personal lives. You will be working with team members who are dedicated to quality and value creation and are always ready to help and support each other.
Currently we are looking for a part-time ETL & Data Engineer to join our team. In this role you will be data transformation expert providing hands-on operational ETL services, including design, development, implementation, and support. In your role as ETL & Data Engineer and resident data expert, you will serve as a communicator and mentor for technical groups in terms of how data is transformed, classified, where it is located, and how to turn data into information. You love data.
STRONG ETL SUPPORT AND MAINTENANCE KNOWLEDGE – You have hands-on experience with all aspects of daily ETL support and maintenance: reviewing processing logs and exception reports, ensuring ETL-related issues are identified and resolved within SLAs. You can also apply this hands-on experience to the design thinking you apply to every new ETL project.
EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION – ability to articulate problems so everyone can understand the issue. You enjoy working virtually and face-to-face with the technical team, and collaborating directly with multiple disciplines to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems. Must speak, read, and write fluent English. Strong documentation skills a must. Multilingual encouraged.
TEAM PLAYER with a bias for action – You are open to sharing knowledge and like to hash out solutions through team discussion and brainstorming. You prefer to work in a team and stimulate the collaborative environment.
INDEPENDENT SELF-STARTER – You have a service-oriented mentality and a high sense of ownership for systems and solutions. Experience working independently to manage databases and data environments and data projects. Experience managing projects concurrently. Must be capable of high productivity working remote. Excellent organization and time management skills required.
PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS – Strong problem investigation and resolution skills are a must.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an ETL developer (Data Factory, Informatica, Data Stage, SSIS, Talend, etc)
- Minimum 5 years of experience as SQL developer (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, mysql)
- Minimum 3 years of experience implementing orchestration (Powershell, RPA, bash, etc)
- Minimum 3 years managing ETL and engineering data in a complex data warehouse environment
- Understanding of data modeling concepts and best practices
- Understanding of classic and modern data warehouse techniques
- Experience with implementing Azure devops build and release pipelines
- Knowledge of performance tuning techniques for a variety of data platforms (RDBMS, MPP, etc)
- have experience implementing data science and machine learning platforms (Databricks, SAS, Domino, etc)”
- Data Lover and Steward
- ETL & Data Engineer
- Resident data expert
- Technical communicator
- Hands-on daily design, development, implementation, and support
- Create and Maintain documentation for data flows and transformations
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Analyze data platform performance and implement performance tuning improvements
- 3rd level production support (no on-call responsibilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related, or equivalent experience
- Active involvement with relevant technical community, events, forums, newsgroups
- Certifications: Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, Databricks
Our small team thrives on autonomy and creativity.
Sound fun? Contact us today and tell us about your background. Please apply by sending us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org. If available, please include links to your blog or published articles.
Thank you for your consideration!
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working hours (10h per week)
- Work from anywhere
- Working on challenging projects
- Be part of a motivated team with knowledge-sharing culture
- Find opportunities to improve and acquire skills
- Virtual Team Happy Hour