Part-time Content Writer
PART-TIME CONTENT WRITER
Seabeck Systems empowers individuals to plan bravely their ideas and provides them with the technology tools to fulfill them. Seabeck Systems and Sofia Dev Studio are partnering to help business decision makers cultivate skills, build teams, develop software and business processes, and improve planning and measurement.
We are a small, yet constantly growing, diverse team from all over the world. We are curious, self-driven and willing to enrich our knowledge in both professional and personal lives. You will be working with team members who are dedicated to quality and value creation and are always ready to help and support each other.
Currently we are looking for an experienced, creative part-time content writer to join our team and help us reflect our brand voice throughout various content formats. In this role, you will be leading the content creation efforts and will be the owner of the content for our website and communication channels. Our ideal candidate has a vibrant and accessible voice and is driven to write compelling texts that bring value to the people who read them.
Individuals only – no agencies please.
- PASSION FOR WRITING – Curious, inquisitive, and precise. Quality over quantity. Must be willing to research and learn in order to create texts that will grab the attention of the reader and will support the marketing efforts of the company, with a focus on edifying the reader.
- STRONG SENSE FOR CONTENT STRATEGY AND USER EXPERIENCE – Must understand the importance of meaningful headlines and concise copy, must be able to extract the essence of the available information and convey it clearly into different formats depending on the communication channel.
- CONTENT OWNERSHIP – Able to plan, execute and continuously improve the content across marketing channels. Instinct for honing, documenting, maturing, and consistently applying the brand voice in alignment with the Seabeck Systems / SDS brand strategy and core values. Must have some knowledge of digital marketing. Must follow trends in content creation and delivery. Appreciation for SEO best practices and ability to implement the SEO strategy defined by the marketing team.
- EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION – Comfortable communicating with subject matter experts from all levels of business and all walks of life. Able to ask the right questions that will help clarify needed information. Must speak, read, and write fluent English. Strong American English composition skills a must. Multilingual encouraged.
- STRONG ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS – Deadline and results driven. Comfortable with task management tools (e.g. Jira), or willingness to learn. Must be capable of high productivity working remote and independent. Responsible for the monthly process of content ideation, alignment, creation and publishing. Able to plan and meet deadlines. Ability to manage editorial calendars across multiple channels a plus.
- INTEREST IN SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES – familiarity with trends in software development, different technologies, brands, products in IT, or a desire to learn deeply about technical topics. Previous experience writing content for the IT field will be considered a strong advantage.
- TEAM ORIENTED – Comfortable requesting, accepting, and integrating feedback. Instinct for taking ideas back to the group for feedback, engage with group discussions, partner with designers, engineers, and marketers, and consult with diverse team members to improve the quality of the content.
*BONUS SKILLS* – experience with WordPress/Webflow/CMS, social media marketing, design thinking, multilingual, nonprofit / philanthropic organizations.
- Creates, aligns, and evolves a content strategy with our marketing objectives and campaigns
- Researches, writes, edits and publishes high-quality content for the company communication channels (website pages, blog posts and articles, case studies, white papers, social media copy, digital ad copy, internal communications)
- Edits texts written by other team members to improve grammar and styling
- Prepares the monthly content calendar for the social media channels
- Manages the company blog/wiki – does research, prepares content plan, conducts interviews with team members and industry experts, publishes blog posts
- Works with the technical team to research topics and improve white papers, case studies and blog posts
- Works closely with designers to find compelling visual images and graphics that enhance the text content
- Performs content optimizations: SEO keyword research, suggest title and texts improvements, implement keywords SEO into blog, white papers, case study texts
- Keeps up to date with tools and trends in content creation and presentation
- Participates in marketing meetings
- At least 3+ years of relevant content writing experience
- Portfolio: Blog posts, Articles, Papers, Website content, Social Media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Digital marketing experience will be considered a plus
Our small team thrives on autonomy and creativity.
Sound fun? Contact us today and tell us about your background. Please apply by sending us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your consideration!
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working hours (10h per week)
- Work from anywhere
- Working on challenging projects
- Be part of a motivated team with knowledge-sharing culture
- Find opportunities to improve and acquire skills
- Virtual Team Happy Hour